Really, it’s that time of year already? Time flies and here I am in mid-October talking about the years best albums. For this year, the time frame was tweaked and our top 10 list was to include family music released between 11-1-12 and 9-30-13.
I am lucky enough to be included with 26 other judges that make up Fids & Kamily group. Follow the link, read the winners and then come back.
Done looking at the list? Good, now go get some of those albums.
And this is where I scream WHY DIDN’T ANYBODY TELL ME THE WATSON TWINS RELEASED A FAMILY RECORD!!!!
For what it’s worth, here was the ballot I submitted:
1. Justin Roberts – Recess
2. Paul Spring – Home of Song
3. Alastair Moock – Singing our Way Through
4. Crosspulse Percussion Ensemble – I like everything about you (Yes I do)
5. The Not-Its! – KidQuake
6. Moona Luna – Vamos, Let’s Go!
7. Lloyd H. Miller – SS Brookyln
8. Lucky Diaz – Fantastico
9. Lori Henriques – The world is a curious place to live
10. Dan Zanes & Elizabeth Mitchell – Turn, Turn, Turn.
And honestly, I could have filled out this ballot 10 times and arrived to 10 different lists. Leaving Dean Jones off? That hurt. The Verve Pipe once bought me a steak dinner in Omaha. Don’t I owe them a spot on the Top 10?
Stayed tuned in December for my Jan 1- Dec 31st best of 2013 list as there will be some additions to this top 10 list that were released after October 1st. (I’m looking at you Josh & The Jamtones)